You might have heard that Downtown is going through one of its biggest growth spurts in years. Below you’ll see why. We recently saw the completion of the 18-story Eighth and Main, the… 1-story Trader Joe’s development, and then there’s JUMP, the Simplot family’s large creative center under construction right now.
BUT WAIT THERE’S MORE!
Below you’ll find a rendering showing the biggest projects that are actively in the works in Central Downtown (Don’t worry, they won’t look like this in real life… I hope).
Cyan = Recently completed major projects. These include those stated above:
- Eighth and Main
- Trader Joe’s
Orange = Projects under construction.
- JUMP – Jack’s Urban Meeting Place
- Owyhee Place: Renovation of the former Owyhee Hotel into “modern offices, retail, event facilities, and apartment living.”
Green = Proposed projects currently going through city approval phase
- City Center Plaza: Location of the new 9-story Clearwater building, the underground Transit Center for ValleyRide, and expanded convention space for the Boise Centre.
- New Simplot Headquarters Bldg: A large, 9-floor office tower hosting the headquarters for the Simplot Co.
- 119 S. 10th St.: A 6-floor mixed use building offering condos, apartments, office space, retail and parking. In addition to this project, there is a planned exterior/interior renovation of the John Alden Building next door.
Blue = Proposed projects that haven’t yet gone through approval phase
- RMH + GGLO: A 6-floor condo/retail project located on 9th and River.
- Idaho Historical Museum: Renovation and possible expansion.
This is just Central Downtown. Since 2011!
Later this week I’ll show you what’s going on in the Lusk St. area. The transformation of that previously-neglected section of Boise is amazing to me. From there we’ll also check out East Downtown and other parts of Boise.
Till next time!